League Rules and Regulations
This league is for men and women. Each team has to have minimum two females to be eligible to participate in this league. The League is a league competition (All-play-all) in which each team meets all other teams in turn and collects points accordingly. The best four teams will play a final four (1 st Vs 4 th , 2 nd Vs 3 rd ) the winners will play against each other for the 1 st and the 2 nd place and the losers will play against each other for the third and fourth place.
- Teams must report to the League location15 minutes prior to each game. Team roster is limited to
- All the names of the players have to be submitted to the organizers one day prior to the first match of the League. Adding players after submitting the list is not allowed under any circumstances.
- All players shall play for only one team.
- A team will be disqualified if it uses an ineligible player that is not on the roster.
- Each team must play under a name.
- All teams must have two uniforms one light color and one dark color, both with numbered jersey during their games. Basketball shoes must be worn.
- All coaches are responsible for having legal IDs for all players (Emirates ID, Passport, Driving License)
- The schedule of the games once agreed and published cannot be changed under any circumstances
- The team coaches are entirely responsible to make sure that their players fully understand League rules and regulations.
- The League Committee makes all final decisions concerning all grievances; i.e. protests, eligibility, etc…
Entry Fee and Rewards
- The entry fees (AED 4,800) deadline is due before the first game. Cash, Cheque and transfers will be accepted. Entry fees are non refundable.
- The first-place winner will get a cash prize of AED 5000 as well as a trophy and medals, second place trophy and medals and third place trophy and medals.
- A cash prize of AED 300 will be given for the winner of the 3 points competition.
- A cash prize of AED 300 will be given for the winner of the skills competition.
- Player of the game award will be given to the outstanding player chosen by the League Committee after reviewing the statistics and the attitude/behavior of the player.
FIBA rules will be applied for more information please check http://www.fiba.basketball/documents
- Game Clock: the game is consisting of 4 quarters each one is for 10 mints. The clock will stop on all fouls and violations. 10 minutes will be given to warm up.
- Grace Period: A 15 minutes grace period will be allowed for tardiness and then if a team does not have 5 players (two females and three males) to start the game, the team will lose the game.
- Each participating team must have a coach on the bench always. (The coach can be a player)
- The allowed people to be on the bench is: Coach, Assistant Coach, registered players, Team Manager and Medical Support-has to be above 14 years old
- The team will be held responsible for their fans’ negative comments or actions towards the officials and committee members.
- Team captains/managers are the voice of their team and are responsible for their team’s conduct.
- Minimum two females and three males must be on the court.
- In case only two female players are on the score sheet, and one is out for injury or five fouls or any other reason, the team will continue with only four players.
- Open score for men.
- No restrictions on women, they will be treated equally as men.
- All participants, coaches and fans shall refrain from using profanity or verbal abuse towards other players, coaches, fans, referees and the League staff.
- The League Manager and the League staff are not responsible for any personal items that are left behind, lost or stolen.
- Destruction or damage of AFLEC School property will be severely punished by proper authorities. The player and team will pay for damages and will automatically be eliminated from the League.
- INSURANCE / INJURIES: The League sponsor and organizers carry no insurance for players, fans or game officials. The Emergency Medical Service will be called for all medical emergencies unless waived by such person. Individuals are responsible for all charges.
- Fighting is an attempt to strike an opponent with the arms, hands, legs, feet or a combative action by one or more players, coach or other team personnel. Any member or team personnel who participates in a fight shall be immediately suspended from the game for the duration to be determined by the League Committee.
- Should any team, player(s) or coach be disqualified from League play, there will be no refunds.
Some games will be broadcasted live thru Jam Academy Social Media and pictures of the games will be shared, names of the players will be displayed thru social media, press, TV etc.., should you have any objection or any concerns please inform the League Manager in advance.